Who We Are
The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners is the world’s largest anti-fraud organization and premier provider of anti-fraud training and education. Together with more than 85,000 members, the ACFE is reducing business fraud worldwide and inspiring public confidence in the integrity and objectivity within the profession.
Members of the Association specialize in a wide range of fields, including fraud investigation; criminology; internal and external auditing; loss prevention and security; forensic accounting; law; law enforcement; investigation at the local, state, and federal levels; education; and others, as well as students of these fields.
The Greater St. Louis Area Chapter was formed in 2002 when a group of local area CFEs petitioned National ACFE Headquarters with an official request for chapter designation. The National ACFE organization granted the request and the Greater St. Louis Area Chapter #105 became incorporated in March 2003.
The St. Louis Chapter consists of fraud detection and prevention professionals in the St. Louis area and welcomes anyone that works in the field or is interested in fraud investigation and prevention. Membership includes an annual free networking event, free or reduced cost for the chapter meetings and events, and helps support chapter events and scholarships. Other benefits include the opportunity to network with local area fraud professionals and gain professional organization experience by volunteering with the chapter.
The Mission of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners is to reduce the incidence of fraud and white-collar crime and to assist the Membership in fraud detection and deterrence. To accomplish this mission, the ACFE:
- Provides bona fide qualifications for Certified Fraud Examiners through administration of the CFE Examination
- Sets high standards for admission, including demonstrated competence through mandatory continuing professional education
- Requires Certified Fraud Examiners to adhere to strict code of professional conduct and ethics
- Serves as the international representative for Certified Fraud Examiners to business, government and academic institutions
- Provides leadership to inspire public confidence in the integrity, objectivity, and professionalism of Certified Fraud Examiners